Monday, February 9, 2015

Betta Beauty

I added to our Betta collection Friday.

Because I'm working on a coffee theme for my kitchen I decided to start using coffee carafes as fish bowls. Austin bought me one at Goodwill a couple weeks ago and I also bought one. I wasn't sure how they would look but after we set them up I was very pleased with them.



Michael wanted a Berta of his own so I let him choose one of the two I bought Friday. He chose the little blue female and loves feeding her.



I did some reading about Bettas and learned some interesting facts. These fish in the wild are normally dull browns and grays and blues. The ones we buy have been selectively bred for their colors. The male makes a bubble nest for the eggs and after the female lays the eggs he chases her away from the nest. If she stays she will likely eat the eggs. These fish usually live from 2-4 years although they have been known to live as long as 10 years.

So here to my Bettas setup so far. There is one more shelf on each side that I want to put Bettas on and I want to buy carafes for the two that are in regular bowls.



Here are some fun fish bowls I found on Amazon.

1 comment:

  1. Really cool. My family and I love Bettas. They really are very pretty fish. We have kept them in some very decorative and interesting things too.
    Thank you so much for linking up with TGI Saturdays.

    ReplyDelete