Thursday, May 30, 2013

This Is the Day!

photo credit: Marcus

There's beauty in the morning routine. Sometimes I have to look for it. Eyes still longing for the sleep, remembering the warmth of the covers and the hazy dream lurking at the edges of my consciousness, I want to curl back under the covers and return to dream land.

But there is beauty here in this moment. Lighting a scented candle,  drinking a cup of the coffee brewed by my husband who was up and out before me, spending a few minutes in the Word - my anchor for the day. I open the curtains to greet the day, hear bird song. Start the tea for teenagers about to wake up. Open the chicken coop and laugh at their silly antics as the hens run out to see what treats I may have brought them this morning. Little feet hit the floor and pitter patter down the stairs, more little feet come through the door to spend the day with us.Baby smiles with a side of drool. Cereal bowls, banana peels, spilled juice, giggles and squeals. 

The day has begun and it's going to be a good one!

This is the day that the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

~ Linking Here ~
No Ordinary Blog Hop

2 comments:

  1. A great perspective to have Rose. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delighted to meet you. I hope you don't mind if I splash around a bit to get to know you. This looks like a refreshing place to dip into some serious momma goodness.

    And ... I have some other mom friends, a melody of moms, that I think would love to read your post as well. It would be an honor to have you join us over here where we share momma notes ...
    http://justsarahdawn.blogspot.com/2013/05/momma-notes.html

    Splashin,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete