Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Resting



I slip out the door, barefoot, coffee cup in hand. It's nearly 9PM and still warm outside. There are a lot of things I should do but I'm craving a few minutes just to sit and think.  So I've slipped away while no one was looking to one of my favorite spots - the front porch with it's comfy chairs for moments when I need to press pause. I breath deep and feel myself relax a little. I imagine God smiled when He blessed me with this front porch with it's view of the mountains I love so much. 

I'm thinking of a few somewhat random things I've read today.

This facebook status from Walking Redeemed is on my mind.


There is a reason mothers often get to the end of the day and feel like they've accomplished nothing they had planned to do. It's because they spent the entire day accomplishing what everybody else *needed* them to. So sometimes our greatest accomplishments happen when we simply put down the to-do list!

And  I keep thinking about a passage from a book I'm reading with Austin and Amanda - The Gate of Heaven by Gilbert Morris . The story is set in Bible times and in this passage Jacob and Rachel are talking about the promises God made to Jacob as well as Rachel's desire for a child.

Rachel looked up at him. "Do you doubt the Lord?"

"No" Jacob said firmly. "But I know His time is not like ours. I don't think time concerns Him at all."

"How can that be?"

"I don't know" Jacob shrugged. "I don't think there ever was any beginning, and there never will be any end. But you and I and all humans, we're caught in time - like someone caught in a river. Yesterday is gone. We're sitting in the middle of today. Tomorrow may come if we live. We can't think any other way, but I don't believe the Almighty is like that. He just always is."

And finally I find my mind lingering again on this quote.

Think the thoughts you would think if you trusted God's promises completely. ~ Tommy Newberry


And I'm not sure how or why but I find my mind beginning to quiet. It's been a day filled with little ones, and work that needs to done, food to prepare, too many temper tantrums, the mom taxi to run, tears for Oklahoma, hugs and cuddles, lots of prayers, so many questions. 

I don't have all the answers. 

But I have the One Who does and that is where I am resting.

~ Linking Here ~
No Ordinary Blog Hop Wednesday - Wise Woman Linkup, Homemaking Link Up, WholeHearted Wednesdays Friday- Woman to Woman, Fellowship Fridays






No comments:

Post a Comment