Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Walnut Acre Daily - Busy Saturday

Words to Live By

Matthew 7:12


So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

Busy Day!

This morning Doug took Austin, CJ and Michael to cut their derby cars into shape. It's a Boy Scout project. Then they came home and began painting their cars. Here they are drying after the first round of painting. I think they are planning to do more painting another day, this is just the first stage.


After they were done painting CJ and Michael wanted to do other projects and Mykalin joined them. CJ wanted to make me a wooden box to carry things in, so Doug helped him with that. I thought that was so sweet of CJ to want to make that for me.  Mykalin and Michael decided to make crosses.




Amanda, Damien and I took our two dogs and one of the cats to the vet for rabies shots this morning. After we brought the animals back home we went curtain shopping and came home with these. From left to right here's where these new curtains are - upstairs hallway, upstairs bathroom, Austin's room and master bedroom. 


This evening Austin is at his grandparent's house. Every month or so the cousins and uncles (who are younger than Austin) decide to have an auction. I've never actually attended one of these auctions so I'm not sure exactly how they work. Basically they all get together with things they want to sell - things they've made or simply items they don't want any more and have an auction among themselves. These are very much looked forward too and sound like lots of fun. Austin just called me and asked if he could stay for the night so I guess they're having a good time. 

Today's Quote

I have found the paradox that if I love until it hurts, then there is no hurt, but only more love. ~ Mother Teresa


Why I Write the Walnut Acre Daily

~ Linking Here ~
Tuesday - One Project At a Time

No comments:

Post a Comment