Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Morning Musing Over Coffee - Time

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.  ~ Revelation 1:8

Year's end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us.  ~ Hal Borland

We just celebrated the beginning of a new year. I love new beginnings and fresh starts. But this year I am thinking that although this feels like a new start for me, God has already been here. The Alpha and Omega has already walked through time, from beginning to end.  His Presence is already here and in the minutes, hours and days to come. And that makes my fresh but frail resolution so much stronger. Having the assurance that God is here, He is in the beginning and He is in the end, is such a comfort.

So, do I have any resolutions this year?

I have one. Instead of my usual list of resolutions, neatly divided into categories, and carefully spelled out in great detail, I have one little resolution. It's not a grand and lofty resolution, just a simple thing that I know I need to do to make the rest of my life run more smoothly.

That one little resolution is this - to develop the habit of getting up every morning at 5:30. This is my greatest struggle and yet so important for so many reasons.

I do not wake up easy, so it takes me awhile to really get to full speed in the mornings. If I don't give myself that time before the children wake up and everyone needs something five minutes ago, mornings just do not go smoothly at all.

And I really need the quiet time to pray and meditate and read God's word. If I don't take that time first thing in the morning, it's just not likely to happen. And when I have not taken the spiritual food and drink I so desperately need, I am approaching the day already weakened.

I know the things I need to do each day to reach some of the goals I've set for myself in the past. I still want to reach those goals. But the one thing standing in my way is not using my time properly and this is where I need to start. Since I know these things, and since I've spent so much time carefully working, step by step, through what needs to happen each day, it's time to really get serious about getting the right start each day. When that happens, the other pieces will come together so much better.

This new year is neither the beginning nor the end of my journey. It is a time to take the experience I've already have, the lessons I've already learned, and apply them to go on becoming a better wife, mother, friend, teacher and writer.

And the God who has already walked through time from beginning to end has said He will be with me on this journey, leading me in the paths He would have me take. And He will be there for you too if you let Him.

Let's walk this year with Him and see where the wonderful adventure takes us.


credit: Carlos Porto

~ Linking Here ~


No comments:

Post a Comment