Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Saturday January 28, 2012

For Today:

Outside my window. . . Since I'm writing this around 8:30 PM is dark outside my window.

I am thinking . . . There are so many opportunities I would love to take advantage of and so little time.

I am thankful . . . for my husband and children.

In the kitchen . . . We had a frozen turkey that was given to us at Thanksgiving that I roasted today. We had some for dinner and the rest I will be using in meals in the upcoming week. I also made triple berry smoothies this afternoon.

I am wearing . . . everyday comfortable work clothes.

I am creating . . . Today I did some knitting. I am making a knitted washcloth and am curious to see if we will like this handmade one better than store bought ones. If we do I'll be making more.

I am going . . . to bed soon.

I am wondering . . . when we will find out when Michael's kidney and heart ultrasounds and brain scans will be?

I am reading . . . a lot of blogs lately.

I am hoping . . . that Michael sleeps well tonight.

I am looking forward to. . . church tomorrow. I love our Sunday School and singing in the choir.

I am learning . . . to wait on God.

Around the house . . . Doug, Austin, Amanda and I are all using our laptops. CJ and Michael are asleep.

I am pondering . . . John 10:10

A favorite quote for today . . . Every thought is a seed. If you plant crab apples, don't count on harvesting Golden Delicious. ~ Bill Meyer

One of my favorite things . . . scented candles. I'm enjoying the scent of a Berry Blossom candle now.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . This week is almost over and it's been a busy one with lots of learning, playing, working and Michael's physical therapy and hearing test appointments.

A peek into my day . . .



2 comments:

  1. Good morning (midnight here in Albuquerque - hooray for insomnia!)
    I just wanted to let you know that I've nominated one of your posts for the Best in Show Award on my blog (http://lambaround.blogspot.com/2012/01/not-baaad-indeed.html)
    Way to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a wonderful idea. I love this Daybook thing. I enjoyed reading your post. I learn more about you as days go by and these words open that window so much wider.

    God bless you as you anxiously await answers to your questions. I pray the desires of you heart are given to you. I can't imagine having to have a child tested for such things and having no clue when it will be. It is hard knowing there are difficulties in our children's lives. My daughter wears a back brace, braces, and is legally blind. Her tests and such can be stressful, but not like what you must go through. My son is ODD and ADHD and his testing is frustrating, not to mention trying to get his meds across the Atlantic! But again, nothing in comparison.

    You are a great mom, so involved and desperately seeking His will in it all.

    ReplyDelete