Thursday, November 17, 2011

Jesus Walks on the Water - Story, Song, Craft and Snack

Each week we have one Bible story that we focus on for the week. This week our Bible story is Jesus Walks on the Water. We are reading it each morning at Circle Time. We've also been singing Fishing in a Sailboat each morning.

Tuesday morning we spent a little more time focusing on this story with a craft, coloring page and snack.

First we did the Jesus Walks on Water Paper Craft. It was fun and I thought it turned out really cute.





While each child was waiting for a turn to make the craft they colored this take home sheet summarizing the story.




When I printed the paper craft I printed extra pages with the figure of Jesus on them to use with our snack. I cut out the figures and glued them to small popsicles sticks. I then stuck the ends of the popsicle sticks into small snack size bowls of blue jello that I had mixed up the day before. This represented Jesus walking on the water. I think this was the kids favorite part of the lesson.
When the finished eating their snack they used the figures as puppets.





This was a lesson the kids really enjoyed.

~ Linking Here ~

7 comments:

  1. Amen! I love this idea! What a wonderful and creative way to teach the kids the wonderful story of Christ walking on water. Thanks for sharing this!
    Could you share this with my readers as well?
    http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2011/11/introducing-fun-stuff-fridays.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to retell the story. JDaniel loves jello! Thank you for linking to Read.Explore.Learn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute craft! And the Jesus walking on the jello water snack is very clever =-) Thanks for linkinkg up to TGIF! Have a GREAT thanksgiving & I will see you next week,
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Jesus walking on water snack! What a cute idea - I bet your kids thought it was pretty neat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute craft and snack! This is a lesson they will remember for a long time!

    Thanks for linking up to Learning Laboratory at Mama Smiles =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Jesus in the jello! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great lesson, craft, & snack - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete