Monday, September 19, 2011

Today's Adventures - Monday September 19, 2011

Verse of the Day

As the Father has loved Me, so have I loved you. Now remain in My love. John 15:9

Quote of the Day
For when I know the love God has for me, then my mental confusion disperses lik fog on a summer's morning. ~ Malcolm Smith

Creating

I'm working on the curtains for the playroom now. Like the kitchen curtains these will be patchwork curtains but these will have fun things appliqued on them for the kids to enjoy. Here are two blocks I finished today.


From the Kitchen

Austin made us scrambled eggs with sausage and swiss cheese for lunch.


Amanda made Tuna Cheesy Pasta and corn for dinner.


I baked two loaves of bread. My favorite recipe lately is Traditional White Bread.

Critters

Pepper the dog and Little Red the not so little guinea pig have become friends. They are so funny - touching noses and jumping around excitedly when they see each other.



Working Together

Michael and I tackled a couple mountains of laundry today.



 
Playing Together



On My Mind

 We were reminded yesterday in Pastor Jim's sermon not to try to put  God in a box that we've imagined He should fit in, based on our own comfort zones. God is God and will do what is best in His timing and His own way. And although it is usually not the way we would think it should be done it is always the best way.

Tonight I am Grateful For . . .

. . . the fact that Doug was able to fix my computer today. I'm almost ashamed to admit how much I missed my computer today after one of the kids spilled cereal on it and several of the keys quit working. Doug replaced my the keyboard on mine with a keyboard from an old computer and now it's as good as new.



Every day is an adventure and I never want to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment