Thursday, July 25, 2013

Blackberries, SPCA and More - The Walnut Acre Daily Thursday July 25, 2013

WORDS TO LIVE BY

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”
~ Matthew 19:14

WORKING, LEARNING AND PLAYING TOGETHER

This morning we walked through the field behind our house and down to the creek. We were happy to find that the blackberries are beginning to ripen. Most of the kids had their fill of fresh blackberries in between trips to the creek and through the bushes. Christopher absolutely loved them and kept begging Austin to pick him more berries. 






When we got back home we played in the yard awhile before going in. 




IN THE KITCHEN

The early kids went back to sleep this morning and Michael slept in until 8:00 so we just had a quick breakfast of cereal with milk and juice. Amanda made lunch and said she was going to make lunch as unhealthy as she could so she fixed hotdogs, macaroni and cheese, french fries and applesauce. There were no kids home for dinner this evening and I was gone most of the evening so I didn't make dinner. 

OTHER

This evening I took Amanda to volunteer at the SPCA. On the way out we stopped at Arbey's and got our dinner. I love the jalepeno bites from Arby's.

Here are some pictures from the SPCA.






After the SPCA I had a meeting to go to. It was in the home of a family from church. The meeting didn't last real long and I had some time left before I had to be at the church for my usual Thursday hour in the prayer room so they invited me to just stay and chat until it was time to go. It was a nice time of learning to know each other better and I really enjoyed it. 

On Tuesdays and Thursday our church's prayer room is open and there are people assigned to the prayer room from 4AM to 9 or 10PM. I have the hour from 8 to 9PM on Thursday evenings. As prayer requests come in they are put on cards and placed in the prayer room. It has been a blessing to spend that time in prayer and exciting to see prayers being answered. 

TODAY'S QUOTE


Live in rooms full of light. ~ Cornelius Celsus


No comments:

Post a Comment