Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Soup


On Tuesday evenings Amanda does volunteer work at the SPCA and I go with her. Since I'm not home to make dinner that evening I like to have something in the slow cooker so we can eat as soon as Amanda and I get home. I found this recipe for Crockpot Bacon Cheeseburger Soup, made some adaptations and put it in the slow cooker this morning. 




1 lb ground beef, browned
2 14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes
1 onion, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
3 carrots, diced
2 potatoes, diced
1 cup frozen corn
8 oz cream cheese
4 cups water
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper

Mix all ingredients in slow cooker and cook on low for 7-9 hours.

Ten minutes before time to serve add . . . 

1/4 cup flour
1 cup milk
2 cups cheddar cheese.

Mix flour and milk together stirring until smooth. Stir this mixture and the cheese into the soup. Cover and cook for ten minutes or until cheese is melted. 

Serve and enjoy.

Austin and Amanda insisted that this should not be called Cheeseburger soup because they had never seen a cheeseburger with carrots, corn, celery or potatoes on it! But it was still given a nod of approval by most - Austin ate two bowls of it and asked me to make it again, CJ said it was good and ate two bowls of it, Michael finished his bowl of soup even though when he first saw it he said he didn't want any and Doug said it was fine to put some in his lunch tomorrow. Amanda on the other hand did not approve . . . but there are a LOT of foods Amanda does not approve of so I'm not taking that too seriously. 

~ Linking Here ~
No Ordinary Blog Hop Monday - Make It Pretty MondayMake the Scene Monday, Mop It Up Monday Wednesday - Create and Share, Women Living WellShoe Lace Linkup, WholeHearted Home Linkup Saturday - Share Your Creativity, Get Schooled Saturday, Weekend Wrap Up

6 comments:

  1. True. Perhaps call it cheesy vegetable beef soup. Soup is so easy to make and rarely can you go wrong with combinations of ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so good! I just dug my crock pot out of the cupboard this afternoon. I just may have to give this a try!
    Blessings to you ~ Mary

    Thanks for visiting my place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds delicious! I love using my slow cooker because the entire house just smells so good in anticipation of dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I can't wait to try it! Lovely blog.

    Peace,
    Linda at The French Hens Nest

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks yummy!!! I'm going to pin this to my soups board if that's okay!

    ReplyDelete