I've been working on a 10 Things post about each of my family to help you learn to know them a little better. In line today for a 10 things post is CJ. So here are 10 things about CJ, the things he enjoys and the ways he contributes to our family.
1. CJ is a big thinker. No matter what he's doing he's always dreaming up ways to make it bigger, better or more than it already is.
2. He enjoys cooking. He's made a variety of foods and enjoys learning to make new ones - meatloaf, macaroni and cheese, homemade pizza, salad, and cookies are some of the things he's familiar with cooking now.
3. He's a big eater. Maybe that's why enjoys cooking so much. Food is the first thing on his mind in the morning and the first thing he wants when he comes home from school.
4. He likes to build things with wood. He recently completed a table that he has in his room now. He is very proud of it and I am very proud of him for sticking with it and finishing it.
5. He also likes to make things out of paper and cardboard. Last winter he helped Michael make a really cute house for the cat out of a cardboard box.
6. He enjoys helping the younger kids do things and does a good job with them. Several weeks ago they spent about an hour making bracelets with beads and CJ was so patient with them - helping them and answering their questions.
7. He loves to watch the Disney channel. I often hear him chuckling at something he's watching while he's waiting for dinner to be ready.
8. He's always ready to go somewhere. Even if it's just to the store to get a gallon of milk or to the post office to drop something off.
9. He loves electronic gadgets - phones, calculators, and mp3 players are all things that make him very happy.
10. He loves to organize and reorganize. And then rearrange it all again!
We are blessed to have CJ as part of our family - his enthusiasm and varied interests keep things lively around here.