Thursday, August 18, 2011

Baked Ham & Cheese Sandwiches With Homemade Bread

I love my bread machine that Doug got for me. Lately I've been using this recipe - White Bread for the Bread Machine. It's a very simple but tasty recipe and is great for butter bread and sandwiches. And it smells so good while it is baking!


Tuesday I made grilled ham and cheese sandwiches for lunch using this bread. The bread slices are bigger than a store bought loaf of bread so I used two slices of cheese and two slices of ham for each sandwich. I prepared them just like I normally would for grilled cheese sandwiches but but instead of putting them in the skillet I put them on a cookie sheet in the oven at 350 F, I turned them halfway through baking so they would be browned on both sides.  These sandwiches, served with a bowl of tomato soup were a yummy lunch.


~ Linking Here ~

SUNDAY – Strut Your Stuff, Sharing Time, Creative Bloggers Party and Hop, So Sweet Sundays, Sunday Showcase, Not “Baaad” Sunday , Think Pink Sundays, Sunday Linky Party, DIY Project Parade, Savory Sundays, Just Something I Whipped Up, Sew Darn Crafty,{K.I.S.S.} Blog Bash, MONDAY – I Made It, More the Merrier, Inspire Me Mondays, A Marvelous Mess, Made By You Monday, Making the World Cuter Monday, Craft-O-Maniac Monday, Market Yourself Monday, Making Monday Marvelous, Motivate Me Monday, Unwasted Homemaking Linky, Sharing Monday, Making a Home, TUESDAY - Titus 2sdays, Domestically Divine, One Project at a Time, Tasty Tuesday, Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays, Tuesdays at the Table, Tuesday Time Out, Tuesday Confessionals , Let's Do Brunch, Tip Me Tuesday,  Teach Me Tuesdays WEDNESDAY - Homemaking Link-Up, Living Well Wednesdays, What's Cooking Wednesday, Cast Party Wednesday, {Wow Me} Wednesday, Reader Link Wednesday Foodie Wednesday THURSDAY – Full Plate Thursday, Delightfully Inspiring Thursday, Creative Juice Thursday, It's a Party, FRIDAY – Feasting in Fellowship Fridays, Fridays Unfolded, SATURDAY - Weekend Wrap-Up Party,




5 comments:

  1. I am looking at too many great recipe sites today and now I need to go fix me something to eat. :)
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so tasty!!! I can't wait to try out your recipe, thank you for sharing :)
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. All that goodness on homemade bread, I can almost taste this special treat. Hope you have a great week end and thanks for sharing with Full Plate Thursday!
    Come back soon,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! I'm co-hosting a link party and I'd love it if you'd come link up on Wednesday at southernlovely.blogspot.com

    See you soon!
    Marie
    mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmm...there’s nothing better than homemade bread!

    ReplyDelete