Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Roasted Turnips with Parmesan and More -The Walnut Acre Daily November 19, 2013

WORDS TO LIVE BY 

Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us,  to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. ~ Ephesians 3:20-21

WORKING, LEARNING, AND LIVING TOGETHER



After quiet time this afternoon we played games until time to get Cayson and Lauren from the bus. 



Then there was time to play in the playroom. 



Amanda tackled the pile of clean laundry that needed to be folded and put away. 


Austin has been working on taking apart this old lawn mower for parts. It's one of his favorite projects right now. 


Amanda has been working on deep cleaning and rearranging her room. She set her drum set back up this evening and Michael enjoyed "playing" for a little. 

Here are some of the books and games we enjoyed today.

 

 

  IN THE KITCHEN

We had Baked Chicken and Roasted Turnips with Parmesan for dinner this evening. I loosely based the turnips on this recipe, using most of the ingredients listed (I used turmeric instead of cayenne pepper) but using my own measurements based on how I thought we would like it. I wasn't sure about nutmeg on turnips so I went pretty light on it. The other ingredients I used about the same or more than the recipe suggested. Austin and Amanda were not impressed with these at all but Doug said this recipe was definitely a keeper and Michael and I really liked them and went back for seconds. 


OUT AND ABOUT


This morning I was able to go out with the prayer group again. I had missed the last few weeks and was so glad to go again. We went to UVA to visit and pray and visit with two people. The ride over and back was filled with good conversation and fellowship.

While we were gone Austin and Amanda watched Michael, Madalynn and Christopher in the church nursery. I pack lunch supplies for them and they eat there so by the time I get back lunch is taken care of and the kids are ready to come home for storytime and quiet time. They had a good time - Amanda had the little ones exercising for awhile, they watched a movie, and played with toys. 



TODAY'S QUOTE

Today's quote comes from a nurse we met while we were visiting someone at the hospital today. I loved it and wanted to share it here.



God is spelled God because no matter how many o's you put in the middle He's that good ~ Anna Garland

~ LINKING HERE ~
Monday - A Marvelous Mess  Tuesday - One Project at a Time Wednesday - Raising Homemakers, Cast Party Wednesday

Skip To My Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment