Sunday, May 15, 2011

Simple Flannel Flower Playset

Recently I've been having fun playing with flannel and making playsets for the kids from it. It's fun for me to play with and the kids seem to enjoy the results.

For this flower playset I started with this flower template from DLTK. I cut the flower apart and traced the pieces onto cardboard for my pattern. Then I drew the leaves and stems and cut them out of cardboard as well. Next I printed this picture of flowers in a vase and cut out the vase, tracing it onto cardboard as well.

Now I could get to the fun part. Tracing my patterns onto felt and cutting them out. I love all the colors and the many options for color combinations.




The kids have played with this set several times now and they seem to have as much fun playing with it as I did making it. I like the way they get creative and make flowers in ways I hadn't thought of.












~ Linking to the fun parties ~

The SUnday Showcase

Craft Schooling Sun.Post logo





9 comments:

  1. New follower on GFC hope you'll stop by my blog, thanks!
    http://fulltimeadventure.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE this idea and I will totally be doing it and giving you credit once I do. how awesome, you rock lady! you'll definitely be one of my daily reads- looking forward to more of your posts.

    I'm a new follower, found you via weidknecht!

    tia
    http://twobirdsonwire.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Kids love projects.

    I'm here from Relax and Surf...and a new follower. Please visit me sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. new follower on GFC from superstalkersunday!!

    Michele aka MikiHope
    www.mikishope.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Rose! Thanks for joining us and sharing with us this awesome post at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :) I also love your barbecue beans post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun idea - I love that they can play with this over and over again & come up with something different each time.

    Thank you for sharing on the Sunday Showcase - we hope you will be back next week with some more fabbulous ideas!

    Bernadette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your craft is featured on this week's Sunday Showcase - stop by & grab your button & link up some more great ideas!

    Bernadette
    http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. ADORABLE!!! I LOVE this and I will be making some sort of flannel set!! Yea! Thank you for this AWESOME idea!!!!
    Annie

    ReplyDelete