Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Another Typical Day -The Walnut Acre Daily Tuesday January 6, 2014

WORDS TO LIVE BY


Therefore with minds that are alert and sober, set your hope on the grace to be brought to you when Jesus Christ is revealed at His coming. - 1 Peter 1:13

WORKING, LEARNING AND PLAYING TOGETHER


Two mornings a week Michael and I go to my sister's house and do part of our daily schoolwork with some of the children there. We play a lot of games and read some books. This morning we played Bible memory, reviewed number flashcards, played I Spy Memory match, snowflake memory match and rhyming words memory. We read about birds, space, how to measure things, and a Bible story. We also played Dominoes. 





Michael at home this afternoon working in his workbook.


Michael wanted to go back to my sister's house this afternoon to play with his cousin. So after lunch I took him down to play and I took Austin to work with my dad. Austin said they were cutting things out of metal but I didn't get the details so I'm not quite sure what they were making. He works with my dad three afternoons a week and they do a variety of things - woodworking, yard work, metal work and whatever else comes there way.

Amanda decided this afternoon to pull everything out of the playroom and give it a thorough cleaning. She loves to clean and organize and I love it that she does.

Austin, Amanda and I enjoyed our usual reading time this afternoon. We usually read a chapter from the Bible and then the rest of the hour from whatever book we are reading at the time. We've read devotional books, autobiographies, novels, history, science and more. Currently we're reading a novel. Usually they do something quiet while I read aloud. They could read the books on their own (and they do read and listen to audio books) but this is a good way for us to share some time and common interests together. 

IN THE KITCHEN


My original dinner plan for this evening was to make chicken salad sandwiches but I forgot to take the chicken out of the freezer so we ended up with breakfast for dinner. We had scrambled eggs with sausage and cheese, grits, toast, peaches and juice.


READING AROUND THE WEB

TODAY'S QUOTE


It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home. - Author Unknown

2 comments:

  1. I love breakfast for dinner!!! How lucky that you can visit your sister so often and get to play fabulosu games, I LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone looks so cozy in the pictures. You can tell these little ones are safe and happy.

    ReplyDelete