Friday, September 14, 2012

Focus


My friend and I stood on the porch talking as children played around our feet. In the middle of her sentence my friend interrupted herself with  "Oh, look, there's a caterpillar!" We both watched the fuzzy brown caterpillar wiggle it's way across the driveway and then laughed at ourselves for being so easily distracted. It was an "Oh look, shiny thing" moment. 

There was certainly nothing wrong with being momentarily distracted by that caterpillar at that moment but it did remind me how easily distracted I can sometimes be from the important things in my life by everything that happens to crawl across my path. Sometimes what I allow myself to look at as some shiny new thing of great importance is really worth no more than a little creepy crawly drawing my attention from  more important things.

So, today, and tomorrow, and the next day, my goal is to focus on the truly important things God has placed in my life and not be distracted by everything that comes by.


1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community.

5 comments:

  1. Amen!
    http://normalchaosforamultitaskmom.blogspot.com/2012/09/focus.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo easy to get distracted. I'm easily derailed, even though I feel like I do know what matters more. You speak truth!

    Thanks for the comment. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so, so very true! I can relate completely! Thanks for sharing your heart with us today!
    http://iammarriedtosuperawesome.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a good word. I definitely need to keep that mentality as I near a (hopefully) move and lots of changes in my life.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete