Friday, September 7, 2012

Graceful?


Want to know how Five Minute Friday got started and how to participate? All the details are here.

Five Minute Friday



Today's prompt - Graceful.

I dream of being graceful. In my mind I see myself dancing gracefully in a field of beautiful wildflowers, with an ethereal music in the air. But in reality whenever I try to dance my kids beg me to stop, claiming to be traumatized. I'm the one who trips over obvious things that are always there, day after day, in the same place. In fact, I'm sporting a bruised toe right now from accidentally slamming it into a perfectly obvious kitchen cabinet. 

No, graceful I am not. At least not physically. 

But there's a gracefulness that I want to achieve even more. It's a gracefulness of spirit. It's the gracefulness that becomes apparent when God's grace is real in my life, allowing me to extend grace to others. It's gracefulness of speech, speaking words of grace in difficult situations. And while I am not there yet, each day I try to move a little closer to that gracefulness of spirit. And each day His grace is extended to me, allowing me to share it with others. This is a grace truly worth seeking after. 

credit

~ Also Linking Here ~

4 comments:

  1. Oh, yes...I get the clumsy part. (Are we related?) :) Beautiful thoughts...I definitely need to work on having a gracious spirit. Some days are easier than others, for sure. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from NOBH - I can relate to this post as I am not physically graceful, but the hope is to be spiritually graceful and let His light shine through me. Nice to meet you Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think as we get older we lose our physical grace, but if willing, we can gain an abundance of spiritual grace. I'm with you. I want to grow in His grace.

    I wanted to nominate you for the Liebster Award, but you have too many followers. Bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful. Yes, gracefulness of spirit! I too would love to have this more than physical gracefulness. Thank you so much for sharing and for linking up with NOBH. Smiles!

    ReplyDelete