Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Applesauce Bread



1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/4 cups applesauce
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the egg and applesauce; mix well. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cloves; gradually add to the creamed mixture just until combined. Pour into greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.

~ Linking Here ~


8 comments:

  1. This recipe looks great, I love making quick breads, and I love adding applesauce to baked goods, I'll have to give it a try. Love your garden pictures as well. Thanks~April

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rose,
    This bread looks so moist I think it will be melting in my mouth. It is a great recipe! Thank you for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and come back soon. Have a great week end!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some applesauce I need to use up, this looks like a yummy way to do so! Thanks! P.S. I found you on Tatortots and Jello!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, this looks so yummy! We'll be having applesauce bread this week at my home! Thanks for linking this to J&M's Eye Candy. That is how I found you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a great snack cake! Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking up your recipe at Cast Party Wednesday. I hope you come back tomorrow and share some more of your awesome recipes!
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for linking up with our party! Can't wait to try this, it has been added to my recipe book! Party with us again, please and thank you ;)
    Britney
    www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loaf cakes are a real favourite of mine - they are so lovely to have on hand - and this one sounds really delicious. I love the spices you have used. Thank you for sharing it with Let's Do Brunch.

    ReplyDelete