Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Garden Update and Peeking in the Corners

We've had some nice rains the last few days for which I (and the garden) have been very grateful. It also means that I still haven't transplanted all the little plants but that's okay. The morning glories, marigolds and basil are coming along well.


And so are the sunflowers, gourds, cucumbers, and the little bit of corn I haven't trasnsplanted yet.


The corn we put out in the new garden spot last week adjusted well to the trasnplant.


And the rest of the garden is looking good too. No produce yet but it's coming.


When I went out to take pictures of the garden this morning I also walked around and took some pictures of the "uncultivated" areas along the edges of our property. Sometimes I find these areas more fascinating that what we have planted and pruned and cultivated ourselves.

Here are some of the things I found.





I found this spot that looks like something may have been resting here sometime recently. Maybe a deer, since we saw one walking across our yard several weeks ago. I'm just hoping whatever it was stays out of the garden.







It's amazing what can be found in little overlooked corners.

~ Linking Here ~

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you will have a fabulous vegetable garden!!! Love all the volunteer flowers.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the size of garden you are able to have. Hope you will come by and see my newest find. Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to have a vegetable garden - but we have no room. I DID get a tomato plant this year to put in a pot ... so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we get some tomatoes! :) I came by via Susan's party, but I missed it myself. I took pics of my pergola all dressed up this afternoon (with the 2 hour lull in the rain), and I REALLY hope you'll stop by and take a peak, and let me know what you think of the progress! :)
    xo,
    A

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hafta agree that Mom Nature is a pretty good gardener. And she makes it all look effortless!

    ReplyDelete