Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Macaroni and Cheese Pancakes

Are you ready to try something different? Remember the saying "Variety is the spice of life?" Well, here's a bit of variety to spice up your life. When I saw this recipe I knew I had to try it for Amanda because she loves all things macaroni. I originally found this recipe on Misc, Kitchen and changed it up to suit our tastes.



1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
2 teaspoons parsley
2 1/3 cups milk
2 eggs
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
2 1/2 cups cooked macaroni
1 1/2 cups grated cheese (I used Cheddar Jack, simply because that's what I had on hand)


In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients.
In a separate bowl mix together the milk, eggs and melted butter. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients, mix until just combined. Fold in the macaroni and grated cheese.
Shape spoonfuls of batter in lightly greased skillet or griddle. Fry until golden brown. Flip and fry until lightly browned on other side as well.
Enjoy!


Notes: When I make these again I will probably either leave out the garlic powder, onion powder and parsley and serve with butter and syrup or leave those seasonings in and serve with sausage gravy. Amamnda, my macaroni and cheese lover did not like them at all, Austin liked them plain, and Doug and Michael liked them with syrup. 

LINKING HERE

2 comments:

  1. I have never heard of macaroni pancakes, why not there are all sorts of cakes, potato cakes etc. He looks happ to have them!!

    Thanks for sharing on the Oh My Heartsie Girl Friday Feature this week.

    I have pinned to our party board!!
    Hope you have a great weekend,
    Karren
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very unique recipe. I don't think my kids would go for it. But I do like trying new things. Really cool of you to be so adventurous. Keeping in the seasonings and using sausage gravy sounds like a good match-up for it. Thanks for sharing with TGI Saturdays. This post would go great with my monthly link-up Sunday Show 'n Tell. I post a new post each week, but the link-up runs all month long. Check out last week's post- http://www.asklatisha.com/sunday-show-n-tell-march-week-1/. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete