Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Walnut Acre Daily - Thursday, February 21, 2013

Words to Live By

And this is His command: to believe in the Name of His Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as He commanded us. 1 John 3:23

Preschool and Kindergarten Homeschool Fun


Bible

This morning we started with prayer, our memory verse, and our theme song for this month. Then we talked some more about the promises God has made to us in the Bible, focusing especially on how Jesus said if two if His children on earth agree together in prayer He will hear and answer. We sang along with Every Promise in the Book is Mine, read Matthew 18:19, watched this video about how several friends agreed together to ask Jesus for help for their friend - A Hole in the Roof.

Phonics and Reading

We did the letter Nn lesson on Starfall and completed the Letter Nn Writing Worksheets. We also played a memory game with the "am" word family cards.

Math

Our math lesson this morning was simple - we watched and sang along to Count to 20!!!!!!!


Wild Bird Unit

The activities for our Wild Bird Unit Study were also simple this morning. We read Brady Bird



and watched Birds for Kids

Other Books We Enjoyed Today



These are the books I read with CJ and Michael tonight before they went to bed.


In the Kitchen

Breakfast - Cereal w/Milk, Bananas


Lunch and Dinner - Vegetable Soup, Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches, Grapes. On Wednesday evenings we eat at church and sometimes when there are leftovers some get sent home with us because we always have plenty of people here to eat it.We were blessed yesterday with a big container of vegetable soup and several bags of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. So that's what we're eating today. 

This morning I fixed this plate of fresh vegetables and kiwi slices for snacking on. I had already eaten several of the radishes when I took this picture. This helps to keep me from reaching for some not so healthy snacks when I get the munchies and the kids also find themselves wanting some too when they see it out and ready to eat. Michael especially likes the cucumbers. 



Around the House

I cleaned up the kitchen after dinner and took care of the chickens and our outside dog this evening.

Austin took care of the chickens and our outside dog this morning and took the dog for a walk. He also cleaned the kitchen after lunch and did the evening cleanup in the living room, playroom and upstairs bathroom.

Amanda did some laundry, did the evening cleanup in the mudroom and downstairs bathroom, and vacuumed the upstairs hallways and the stairs.

Out and About

Taking Lauren to preschool and stopping by the pharmacy was the extent of my going out today. This evening Austin and Amanda went to my parents' and sister's house for the evening. 

Just Having Fun Together

CJ loves to get out his papers and craft supplies and do things with the younger kids when he gets home from school. Here he was having them draw shapes and practice counting to 9.


Other Notes and News

Yesterday I had the worst fatigue and just felt spacey all day. I couldn't understand why I was struggling so hard to keep up but I just felt awful. Then this morning I woke up with a mild stomach bug so I guess that explains it. I don't feel as tired or spacey though and I'm so glad! I've just tried to keep things simple today - which is why we didn't do as much schoolwork and I kept the meals super simple. 

Doug worked in the garage awhile this evening on a rack he's building to hold our bins of animal food. He's almost finished with it and it will make storing and getting to the food so much easier. 

After a little over a week of no seizures (at least not that I saw) Michael had another one tonight. Thankfully just a short one, approximately 45 seconds, just after he fell asleep. 

Reading Around the Web



Today's Quote

Every smile makes you a day younger. ~ Chinese Proverb


~ Linking Here ~ 




No comments:

Post a Comment