Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Walnut Acre Daily - Learning at Home, Wednesday Evening Church and Printable Juice Coupons

Words to Live By

Proverbs 21:21


Whoever pursues righteousness and love finds life, prosperity and 
honor

Preschool/Kindergarten Homeschool Fun


Bible

We started our work time this morning with prayer, reviewing our memory verses and singing our theme song for this month.


Phonics and Reading

We did the letter C lesson from Starfall as well as the -et word family review. We read Pig Wig and we sorted the -ag and -at words into their family groups. 




And we did the C writing page


Math

We watched this Addition Maths Made Easy video  for math this morning. I had also planned to play Number Bingo during our math time but the kids were getting restless and I decided not to try today. Sometimes it's just better to cut the lesson short while they are still paying attention.



Unit Study

As part of our Dental Health Unit we watched How to Have a Bright Smile and colored a dental health coloring page.




Storytime

Here are the books we enjoyed at storytime.


 

Austin and Amanda's Homeschool Assignments and Independent Learning

Bible - The Truth Project - Philosophy and Ethics: Says Who? Part 2; English - 3 Expressions to Improve Your Conversation;  Math - Classifying Real Numbers;  Science -  Nervous System - Brain Anatomy and Functions

The truth project videos that Austin and Amanda are watching for Bible are such a wonderful series. The teacher presents the material in such depth and yet in a way that is very easy to understand. I've looked into buying the entire set for them to watch but it's a little more than I can spend on a video set right now. The adult Sunday School class I am in at church has been watching this series and I'm hoping to get the chance to watch it again. Actually I've missed part of it because I teach 3rd and 4th grade Sunday School every other month. I may see if I can borrow it for our whole family to go through here at home. 


In the Kitchen

Kitchen work was easy today with cereal, fruit and juice for breakfast and reheated leftovers for lunch. We had dinner at church this evening. 

Around the House

I cleaned up the kitchen after breakfast this morning and did some laundry. 

Austin cleaned up the kitchen after lunch, dusted the living room, and did the daily cleanup in the living room and playroom and upstairs bathroom.

Amanda did the daily cleanup in the mudroom and the downstairs bathroom and did some laundry.

Outdoor Fun

The kids got to play outside for about a half hour two different times today. I didn't get any pictures but they were having a lot of fun out there.

We Are Going

Church this evening was fun. The dinner was yummy - tacos with all the fixings, corn on the cob, cake and ice cream.  We've changed the children's ministry around a little, readjusting the number of kids in a class and where we hold the classes. It went really well. I help teach the four year olds through 1st graders. We had 14 kids in that class tonight. Doug rode the church bus to pick up kids and take them home again and he said the number of kids on the bus nearly doubled tonight. One of the kids who came a couple years ago has been talking to her friends and they wanted to come. It was wonderful to see new faces. 

Furry, Feathered and Four Footed Friends

When we got home from church this evening I realized I had forgotten to put the chickens in before we left. So Austin and I went out to put them in for the night. It smelled strongly of skunk out there but I didn't see one. I'm glad I remembered to put them in though.

On My Mind


This article about adoption has had me thinking today - Adoptee View: What Can a Tiny Baby Know? It made me realize how much we still have to learn about how disruption and adoption effect a child. While the need for adoption in many cases cannot be denied, it so important to recognize and address the fact that it does cause issues that need to be understood and dealt with. 

Today's Quote


The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking spaces. ~ Author Unknown

Daily Deals

$1.00 off any 2 Healthy Balance™ juice drinks$1.00 off any 2 Cranberry Naturals™ juice drinks$1.00 off 4 Old Orchard frozen juice concentrates$1.00 off Two 64oz Old Orchard 100% Juice Blends



No comments:

Post a Comment