Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Homemade Ranch Seasoning and a Snack Recipe

I've been planning to try some homemade spice mixes and the first one on my list was Ranch. After looking at several recipes I adapted what I saw to my own taste and to make a large batch. 

10 tablespoons minced onion
5 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
2 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon garlic powder


The first recipe I used this homemade ranch mix in was Ranch Oyster Crackers. I didn't tell the kids I was using homemade ranch mix and was happy when they enjoyed these crackers just as much as when I made them with the bought ranch mix.

Here is the recipe for these crackers.

2 bags oyster crackers
5 tablespoons ranch mix
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup vegetable oil

Mix all ingredients and bake at 250 degrees F for 20 - 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. 



Later today I'm planning to try making some homemade taco seasoning. I can't wait to share how that turns out. 

~ Linking Here ~
The Better MomHomestead Barn HopHeart + Home Link Up, Titus Tuesday, One Project at a Time, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Tuesdays at the Table, Women Living Well, Homemaking Link Up, Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways

3 comments:

  1. Homemade is the best! I have been meaning to try a recipe for ranch seasoning. I'll have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you on the Better Mom's Link-up. I have been wanting to make my own ranch seasoning - the one I had been using has MSG! :( Thanks for sharing your recipe, I am excited to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter and I were talking about the need for a Ranch dressing without the MSG in it...thanks for testing this out. We will try your version.

    ReplyDelete