Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Walnut Acre Daily - Crocheted Rug, Ordering Seeds and Other Fun

Words to Live By

2 Corinthians 5:7


We live by faith, not by sight.

Homeschool Fun 

After I reviewed our memory verse (Romans 5:8) with Michael and Lauren they watched the following videos - Jesus Loves Me This I Know, the Letter L Song, and Addition Rock.



Books We Enjoyed Today





The first two books I read with CJ this evening before he went to bed, the next two books I read with Michael and Lauren at storytime tis morning and the last book is the one I am reading.

In the Kitchen

Amanda made Spiced Sweet Potato Bread again this morning. I think this is one of the best breads I have ever tasted! I just love it with a cup of coffee. 

This evening Doug decided he was hungry for homemade fries so he made a batch for dinner. They were absolutely delicious and next time he needs to make about twice as many. They disappeared really fast!



Around the House

Austin vacuumed the living room and playroom and cleaned the upstairs bathroom. He also cleaned up the kitchen after lunch. 

Amanda cleaned the downstairs bathroom and the mudroom and did some laundry.

I cleaned up the kitchen after breakfast and dinner and dusted the living room. 


Creating

Austin worked this morning on adding more words to the memory game I use with the younger kids. 


I was able to get quite a bit done on the rag rug I am crocheting for the playroom. This rug is made with lots of random colors and fabrics. I haven't even tried to color coordinate because the playroom changes all the time. Also I'm hoping the random colors will help hide the spills and mishaps that happen in the playroom.



Outdoor Fun

It was too cold today to play outside. Michael was really disappointed, so hopefully they will be able to tomorrow.

But I did order some things from Amazon that I am hoping to be planting outside this Spring. Here is what I ordered.




And I'm excited that I was able to buy these with gift certificates I earned through Swagbucks!

We Are Going

After we took Lauren to presehool this afternoon, Michael and I ran a few errands, stopping the post office, the dollar store and the pharmacy. 

This evening Austin, Amanda and Michael spent the evening at their grandparents house, as they usually do on Thursday evenings. 

On My Mind

I had looked for days for that container of prescription medicine that I knew we had. I had emptied the cabinet several times, and even begun looking in unlikely places like the refrigerator in desperation. I couldn't find it anywhere and I was getting really frustrated. I knew it was here somewhere and it was driving me a bit crazy. Then, this morning, when I wasn't even looking for it, I found it. It was right in front of me, I had probably moved it several times while looking for it. But it was in a different container than it normally comes in and I had forgotten about the change. So, since it didn't look to me like what I wanted I had skipped right over it. It would have been funny if I hadn't been so annoyed by that point. 

But it got me thinking. How often does God stand there with what I need all ready for me and I just ignore it, try to move it to the side, and keep looking, because what He's offering doesn't look the way I think it should? How often in my insistence that I know exactly what I want, do I miss what I so desperately need?

Today's Quote

Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss you'll land among the stars. ~ Les Brown

Just For Fun


Daily Deals






Why I Write the Walnut Acre Daily



~ Linking Here ~

1 comment:

  1. I have been there before, looking for something right in front of me. I like the parallel you drew. It is so true how often we push Him aside in search for something, only to find the very thing we are looking for is right there.

    I got a deep fryer for Christmas and look forward to making fries and such. I just need to find large amounts of sunflower oil.

    ReplyDelete