Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Bean and Bacon Soup and More - The Walnut Acre Daily Tuesday November 26,2013

WORDS TO LIVE BY


Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe ~ Hebrews 12:28

WORKING, LEARNING AND PLAYING TOGETHER

Here are a few photos from our morning.


Amanda let Michael play her drums again this evening. He wanted her to show him how to play something so she numbered the drums and then told him which number to hit next. He loved it and was so proud of himself! 




Books, Games and Activities We Enjoyed Together




IN THE KITCHEN


Last night before I went to bed I finally remembered to put some beans in water to soak overnight. So this morning I put them in the crockpot along with some bacon and tomato juice and seasonings (salt, pepper, garlic powder, minced onion) for bean and bacon soup for dinner this evening. It smelled so good all day and tasted wonderful on this cold and rainy evening.


OUT AND ABOUT


This evening Michael and I went out to Staunton to pick up a friend of mine who needed a ride home from work. When I got home from that I took Amanda to the SPCA to work with the animals. But they were closed when we got there. I'm not sure why they were closed, they are usually open until 6:00 on Tuesdays. Amanda was really disappointed not to spend time with Rosie and Bailey today. 

Later this evening Michael and I went over to my sister's house for awhile. Doug and Austin went to help our pastor who needed a tire changed on his car. 


READING AROUND THE WEB


TODAY'S QUOTE

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. 
~ Leo J. Burke



No comments:

Post a Comment